Thursday, September 2, 2010

Fourth Grade

Yesterday, was the first day of school.  So far, fourth grade is harder than third grade was.


I had to take a math test on the first day of school to see if I would be placed in accelerated  math or regular math. I think I will be in accelerated math because the test seemed easy to me.

My teacher is Mrs. Krauss, she is a very nice teacher. 

In fourth grade, you have a huge binder, dividers, and a planner. (If you are in third or lower you will understand next year). 


We have already started a project called "All About Me Tee". You bring in pictures of your family, your favorite food, what you do in the community, and a couple more.

In fourth grade you get out of school at 2:50 instead of 2:20.




I am excited for this school year and I hope you are too!


Do you think your grade is harder or easier?


What grade are you in?


Who is your teacher?

2 comments:

Mrs. Yollis said...

Dear Sydney,

What a fantastic post about fourth grade!

It sounds like you are enjoying it!

I have a new batch of third graders and they are really taking to blogging. I hope you will continue to visit and hopefully...leave a comment!

:-)

Your friend,
Mrs. Y♥llis

Unknown said...

Dear Sydney,

I was so interested to read your post about Fourth Grade. It seems that school in Australia and the USA is quite different!

I have never heard of having a maths test on the first day of school. I hope you're in the accelerated maths as I bet you like a challenge!

Wow, you have 30 minutes extra of school in Fourth Grade? Here you go to school from 9am until 3:30pm from Prep (Kinder) to Year 12!

I am so interested to hear about your experiences at school. Thank you for sharing.

Your friend,
Miss McGeady

PS - are you going to teach Mrs Krauss how to blog?