Saturday, May 29, 2010

My Brothers Bar Mitzvah!

By Sydney


 My brother, Sam, turned thirteen in May. When you are a jewish boy or girl, and you are thirteen years old you have something called a Bar Mitzvah/Bat Mitzvah (if you are a girl, you have a Bat Mitzvah). My brother had to read from a Torah. Sam shared his Bar Mitzvah with a girl he met in Hebrew School.

 At my brothers Bar Mitzvah: there was a big dance floor, a d.j, lots of flashing lights, and a lot of people. Most of our relatives came from Texas and New York. When you have a Bar Mitzvah party, you sometimes have special colors. Sam's colors were blue, silver, and black.


 During my brothers party, I had to say a speech. When I said my speech, I got a little choked up.  Many people said I made them cry.



Did your brother or sister have a Bar or Bat Mitzvah?


   Does your religion have any special ceremonies?

                      Pictures will be coming soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Sydney,

My brother had his Bar Mitzvah in July, 2009. Also, our brothers had their Bar Mitzvahs at the same temple.

Your Pal,
Jaxon