Thursday, November 11, 2010

Salt and Flour Maps

By: Sydney


 In my fourth grade class, we made salt and flour maps. The salt and flour map is a mini California.  

At first, we put salt and flour on a piece of card board. Then after the salt and flour dried, we painted them. After the paint painted, we put tabs of where the places.  

The hardest part about the salt and flour map was putting the  Sierra Nevada mountains on.


    

Have you ever made a Salt and Flour Map?
What was the hardest part about it?





Sorry no pictures available. 

3 comments:

Mrs. Yollis said...

Dear Cartographer Sydney,

What a great way to learn about landforms!

I have a few questions.

1. What tabs did you put on the map?
2. What made the Sierra Nevada mountains so difficult to shape?
3. Which is your favorite region and why?

I know something about Mt. Whitney. Mr. Yollis and his friend used to mountain climb, and they went up the face of Mt. Whitney! Do you know the elevation of this great landform?

Super blogging skills!

Your proud teacher,
Mrs. Y♥llis

sydeny said...

Dear Mrs.Yollis,

Great comment! The tabs I put on the map were labels of different places the map.

The Sierra Nevada Mountains were hard to shape because you had to make them tall and sturdy.

My favorite region is the Sierra Nevada because I like to find out how tall the mountains are and sometimes I like to climb smaller ones.


Yours truly,
Sydney

Sydney said...

Dear Mrs.Yollis,

Great comment! The tabs I put on the map were labels of different places on the map. The Sierra Nevada Mountains were hard to shape because you had to make them tall and sturdy. My favorite region is the Sierra Nevada because I like to find out how tall the mountains are and sometimes I like to climb smaller ones.

Yours truly,
Sydney